Keeping You Safe - Our Safety Protocols
Dear Patients and Parents,
As our community and nation continues to experience COVID-19, we have continued to maintain our commitment to your health and safety at Berkshire Pediatric Dentistry.
Our office has always held ourselves to the highest standard of infection control procedures, and we have further updated our protocols in the wake of this pandemic.
In order to best protect our patients and staff, we have updated the following policies:
Check-In and Check-Out Process
- Upon arrival, parents and patients are asked to remain in the parking lot and text (413) 212-7200 with the patient’s first name and your parking spot number.
- One of our staff will come out to complete the health screening and take the temperature of the patient (and accompanying adult, if applicable) using a touchless thermometer.
- Most patients will be brought directly into their treatment rooms, with very limited use of the waiting rooms to maximize social distancing.
- Patients may come in alone if they are comfortable doing so or they may be accompanied by one adult for their appointments (if siblings come for appointments in the same room, we ask that only one adult accompany all siblings). All persons over the age of 2 must wear a mask upon entry into the building.
- At the end of the appointment, you are welcome to make your next appointment at our front desk or via phone
- Please exit through the front door
During treatment, you might notice the following changes:
- Our operatories now have upgraded HVAC systems that exchanges air from the room for fresh air from the outdoors every 5 minutes
- Every room now has a medical grade HEPA filtration unit
- Our staff undergoes daily health screenings and temperature checks
- All clinical staff will be wearing an N95 or equivalent mask during treatment as well as fresh gowns for every patient
- All drawers and cabinets will remain closed after aerosols are produced
- Wiping down common areas with sanitizing wipes every hour
We will continue to do the following:
- Emphasize excellent hand hygiene with washing/sanitizing
- Disinfect rooms between each patient
- Utilize intraoral suction devices (like the Isolite, Releaf system, etc.) to minimize aerosols and maximize patient comfort
- Dedicate ourselves to constantly strive to take the best possible care of you and your family
Over the last decade, Berkshire Pediatric Dentistry has taken pride in the care we have provided to our patients and their families. We are incredibly grateful for this opportunity and promise that we remain committed to providing oral healthcare in a safe, evidence-based, and family-oriented way that helps to make children and their families feel as comfortable as possible. We hope that these changes will help to put you at ease. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns, especially during this time.
Berkshire Pediatric Dentistry