Dental lasers are a medical technology that emits a beam of concentrated light. When used for surgical and periodontal procedures, the laser acts as a cutting instrument. The procedures performed with dental lasers are minimally invasive and preferable to conventional surgery.
At Berkshire Pediatric Dentistry, we use lasers to perform frenectomies with no noise, minimal pain, less bleeding, faster recovery times, and fewer appointments.
Some additional benefits lasers have over traditional methods include:
- Reduced heat and vibration
- Little or no need for anesthetic
- Minimal bleeding
- Faster treatment time
- Reduced damage to healthy tissues
- Minimal post-operative swelling and discomfort
- Fewer infections or post-operative complications